You recently bought an item of clothing from a shop. You discovered that it had a fault and returned it to the shop for replacement or refund. However, the assistant told you that this was against the store's policy.Write a letter to the store manager, ex

You recently bought an item of clothing from a shop. You discovered that it had a fault and returned it to the shop for replacement or refund. However, the assistant told you that this was against the store's policy.

Write a letter to the store manager, explaining the problems you have had. Ask for a refund or exchange on the item.

You should write at least 150 words.
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
You do NOT need to write your own address.

10th January, 2004

Dear Sir or Madam

Re: faulty jumper and refund refusal

On Wednesday 2nd January, I bought a green long-sleeved jumper from your store. The jumper was medium-sized and made from cotton. It cost $59.95 and it was not on special.

When I got home, I discovered that there was a small hole in the left sleeve. It looks like a rip of some kind and the stitching has unraveled. I returned to your shop the next day to ask for an identical replacement jumper. Unfortunately there were none in stock. Therefore I asked for a refund. However, the shop assistant refused to give m...