Essay topics: The bar chart below shows the number of students who chose certain university subjects in 2005. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and makes comparisons where relevant.
The given bar chart compares about how many students chose certain University subjects in 2005.
Overall, it can be seen that Social Sciences and Languages were the most popular courses for females, while Sciences and Mathematics remained the most preferred subjects among boys.
In detail, around 24,000 females chose social sciences, considerably higher than the males at about 14,000. Also, the total (24,000) was the peak level as compared to other subjects. Next came Languages with approximately 18,000 for girls vs 2,000 for boys, making it (2,000) the least total in the year. Sciences stood at just over 20,000 (boys), which was relatively twice as much as the females at around 10,000. As for Mathematics, females stood at 4,000, which was nowhere near as close as males with 18,000.
In contrast, the remaining subjects for both genders were not as popular as the discussed courses. Literature was chosen by 15,000 males, which was a bit larger than the counterparts at 12,000. The net figure for Humanities were equal at 12,000 each for both sexes. While females dominated the arts with 9,000 vs 3,000 (boys), males surpassed Law with 10,000 vs 6000 (girls) respectively.
- TOPIC: In many countries, woman no longer feel the need to get married. Some people believe that this is because woman are able to earn their own income and therefore do not require the financial security that marriage can bring. To what extent do you agr (64.5)
- Countries becoming more and more similar because people are able to buy same products anywhere in the world. Do you think this is a positive or negative development? (89.5)
- Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society.Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (79.5)
- now a day many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. in what ways has technology affected personal relationship? has this become a positive or negative? (89.6667)
- Countries becoming more and more similar because people are able to buy same products anywhere in the world. Do you think this is a positive or negative development? (74.5)
- increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. to what extent do you agree or disagree? what other measures do you think might be effective. (56.3333)
- Task 2: Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become a positive or negativedevelopment?Give reasons for your answ (69.5)
- Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become a positive or negativedevelopment?Give reasons for your answer and in (64.5)
- Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports facilities.Others,however,say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required.Discuss both views and give your own op (96.3333)
- Essay topics: The continued rise in the world’s population is the greatest problem faced by humanity at the present time.What are the causes of this continued rise?Do you agree that it is the greatest problem faced by humanity? (74.5)