The chart below shows the percentage of households in owned and rented accommodation in England and Wales between 1918 and 2011 Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The bar chart illustrates the changes in the proportion of families owning and renting accommodation in England and Wales over the course of 93 years starting in 1918.
Looking at the graph, it is immediately obvious that the figure for households in owned accommodation witnessed an upward trend, while the proportion of renting accommodation was recorded a downwards throughout the period.
At the beginning of the period, the percentage of households in owned accommodation was registered roughly 22%. This figure increased dramatically to about nearly 70% between 1918 and 2001 before slightly dropping to approximately 65% by the end of the period.
In 1918, the household rates in rented accommodation registered in shy of 80%. However, this figure was experienced a progressive decline to only 32% from 1918 to 2001 before rising to about 36% by 2011.
Noticeably, the figures for households in rented and owned accommodation both exactly stood at 50% in 1971