The chart below shows the percentage of the population in the UK who consumed the recommended daily amount of fruit and vegetables in 2002 2006 and 2010

The chart below shows the percentage of the population in the UK who consumed the recommended daily amount of fruit and vegetables in 2002, 2006 and 2010.

The provided data enumerates the UK population consuming the recommended amount of fruit and vegetables on a daily basis in 2002, 2006 and 2010. As is observed, women consumed the highest amount of fruit and vegetables, while children consumed the lowest, over 8-year period.

As far as the details are concerned, there was 3 to 4 percent difference between male and female who consumed fruit and vegetables everyday. In 2002, the figure for women was 25 percent compared with 22% for men. Both of these figures rose to 28% and 32% respectively in 2006, which were the highest number recorded for these two categories.

It is also conspicuous that out of the three categories, children were reported to come last in terms of fruit and vegetables intake. However, there was a slight increase from 11% in 2002 to 16% in 2006, after which the figure dropped 2% four years later.