The chart shows information about the actual and expected figures of population in three cities Jakarta Sao Paulo and Shanghai Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The chart shows information about the actual and expected figures of population in three cities, Jakarta, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The bar graph illustrates the number of population in three large metropolises in 1990, and the estimated and actual figures of the inhabitant in 2000.

Overall, Sao Paulo had the highest number of inhabitants while the population figures were the lowest for Jakarta. It can also be seen that there were considerable differences between the predicted numbers and the actual figures.

In the 1990s, the population of Jakarta and Sao Paulo accounted for 8 million and 16 million people respectively. By 2000, an increase in the figure for Sao Paulo to 21 million was forecast, while the actual number passed over those, at 24 million citizens. Similarly, It was predicted that the number of inhabitant of Jakarta would rise to 11 million people, in fact, this figure reached approximately 13 million.

Over the same period, the inhabitant figure for Shanghai was 12 million people in 1990. This increased to exactly 15 million in the following decade, although it was expected to fall by around 1 million citizens