The diagram below shows how geothermal energy is used to produce electricity Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The diagram below shows how geothermal energy is used to produce electricity.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The given diagram illustrates various steps in which electricity is produced using geothermal energy.

Overall, five distinct stages are recorded in the process, which begins with pumping down the cold water and ends up producing electricity by a generator.

The first step is when cold water is pumped down about 4.5 km under the ground into the injection well. Following this, the cold water travels to an area called geothermal zone, which contains a lot of hot rocks used to increase the temperature of the water. After being transferred into another well called the production well, hot water is pumped up into a condenser, ready for the next step. In the condenser, the water is transformed into steam and used to power a turbine, which activates a generator to produce electricity. Eventually, the resulting electricity is distributed to users for various purposes via national grids.