Essay topics: The diagrams below show the development of a small fishing village and its surrounding area into a large European tourist resort.
The diagrams represent the changes made with a small fishing village turning into a large tourist resort in Europe.
Overall, fishing village had mostly residential and agricultural areas near to the beach in the south of the map, which turned into commercial buildings along the beach lines. It is apparent that, the decks for boats have been removed for beach resorts.
Fishing village had almost nothing but few houses and boats near to the ocean in the south of the map while on the West of map had farms and forest areas. There was a deck at the edge of the village for easy access for fishers.
This small village has turned into a commercialized village where tall buildings have constructed along the beach line. Since the deck has been removed, there were parasols in pace for entertainment. Meanwhile, the forest and farming areas removed for a golf course and the big roads have built to connect the villages located in West North of the map.
- One long distance of planes consumes more than a car and it can pollute environment more than cars. Therefore the unnecessary flight such as tourist travelling should be discouraged than limit the car use. Do you agree or disagree? (67)
- In many countries people are concerned about the number of children who are overweight. What do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest? (61)
- Some people say that teaching local history to school children is more important than teaching world history to them. Do you agree or disagree? (56)
- It is more important for schoolchildren to learn about local history than world history. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (71.5)
- News editors decide what to broadcast on TV and what to print in newspapers. Some people feel that news broadcasts focus too heavily on bad news and should include lighter stories while others believe that the news should remain focused on important event (73)
- We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in business, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of their bene (89)
- paid work. Some people regard this as completely wrong, while others consider it a valuable work experience, which is important for learning and taking responsibility. What is your opinion? (56)
- Even though globalization affects the world’s economies in a very positive way, its negative side should not be forgotten. Discuss. (78)
- Business organisations should hire employees for their entire lives. Do you agree or disagree? (67)
- Some countries are not popular with using a bicycle even though it is benificial for tham. why?What are the possible solutions to envourage people to use more of bicycle as the main transport? (84)