Essay topics: The figure shows the results of a survey of 1000 adolescents in five different countries. The participants were asked at what age they believed certain rights and responsibilities should be granted to young people.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main feature.
The bar chart compares data on the different opinions regarding the age at which specific responsibilities and rights should be bestowed upon young people among a thousand teenagers in five different nations.
Overall, while the trend varies, it is important to note that the avarage age for the particular social status for Japan is highest and the youngest age of being held responsbile for criminal act belongs to the USA.
Japanese youngsters believe that the rights to get married and to vote should only be given to those aged from 23 and 20, respectively. For other countries, the trend of the age at which marriage rights are given should be equal or higher than that of voting rights is also observed, with the only exception to the pattern being Egypt. In Egypt, teenagers think that 16 is the lower limit for legal marriage whereas 17 is the acceptable age for voting.
As far as the age of criminal responsibility is concerned, Japanese adolescents the lower age limit is 18, which is also the highest mark of the five countries. In constrast, USA voters think the much lower 12 years of age mark is already appropriate. Surveyees from the UK, Mexico and Egypt believe that 16 year olds and 14 year olds should be tried in a court of law should they commit a crime.
- The plans below show a student room for two people and a student room for one person in an Australian university (67)
- The charts below show the percentage of volunteers by organizations in 2008 and 2014. (84)
- Students should be taught academic knowledge so that they can pass exams, and skills such as cooking or dressing should not be taught. (84)
- The graphs below show the age structure of a European country from 1901 to 1981 and a prediction for 2021 (84)
- The charts below show reasons for travel and the main issues for the travelling public in the US in 2009. (84)
- Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. (78)
- The bar chart below shows the three main causes of land damage in four different areas. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant (84)
- The bar chart below shows the three main causes of land damage in four different areas. (84)
- The chart below shows reasons for travel and the main issues for the travelling public in the US in 2009 (89)
- The charts below show reasons for travel and the main issues for the travelling public in the US in 2009. (56)