The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household The second chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions wich resulted from this use Summarize and report main features

The first chart below shows how energy is used in an average Australian household. The second chart shows the greenhouse gas emissions wich resulted from this use. Summarize and report main features.

The pie charts depict the percentage of household usage of energy and the release of greenhouse gas in Australia.
In general, heating is the most energy-consuming activity in Australia, while water heating is the biggest factor of greenhouse gas emission.

Considering the first figure, energy used for heating for humans and water amounts up to more than 70%, including 42% for humans and 30% for water. 7% is the ratio for refrigeration, which is a higher number than the sum of the percentage of energy for cooling and lighting, with 2% and 4% respectively. Other applications in the household consume 15% of total energy.

With regard to the second diagram, the same trend with energy consumption can be inferred when heating still accounts for a considerable proportion – approximately a half of gas releasing into the atmosphere. In detail, the figure for water heating is 32% and that for heating is 15%. Emission caused by refrigeration makes up 14% of total emission, which is nearly twice as much as the one of lighting and three times more than the one of cooling. Finally, other applications occupy 28% of gas going into the air.