Essay topics: The graph and table below show the average monthly temperatures and the average number of hours of sunshine per year in three major cities.
The given line graph provides data on average temperature, whereas the table chart gives information about the hours of sunshine in three different countries: London, New York and Sydney.
Overall, it can be clearly seen that the average temperature in both London and New York have a downward trend and that the mean temperature in Sydney fluctuates around the same time.
As the first graph illustrates, temperatures in London and New York have a similar pattern, although London have colder summers and hotter winters compared to New York. In January, temperatures are lower in New York than in London at about 8° and at around 5° respectively. In July, in both countries the temperatures hit the highest point at just under 30° in New York and at approximately 25° in London. On the other hand, in Sidney temperatures reach the lowest point in July at about 15°, while Sydney has the hottest weather in December and January.
As the second table suggests, the total number of hours of sunshine in New York are twice as high as those in London, with 2,535 and 1,180 correspondingly. Sydney has 2,473 hours of sunshine, making it the second country of the list in terms of solar hours.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|1 month 2 weeks ago||annatran12324||67||Read full essay|
|2 months 3 days ago||vijayvj1||73||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||furuuu||78||Read full essay|
|3 months 4 days ago||Witzbolder||78||Read full essay|
|3 months 1 week ago||MilanT||73||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||Eric Liu||78||Read full essay|
|5 months 3 weeks ago||mariaargha||92||Read full essay|
|5 months 3 weeks ago||mariaargha||84||Read full essay|
|6 months 1 day ago||honza||67||Read full essay|
|6 months 3 weeks ago||Arvind1809||100||Read full essay|
- Some people think that buildings such as flats and houses should be designed to last a long time. Others believe that it is more important to provide accommodation quickly and cheaply. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for y (61)
- The diagram below shows how coffee is produced and prepared for sale in supermarkets and shops (56)
- The illustrations show how chocolate is produced. (11)
- The diagram illustrates the process that is used to manufacture bricks for the building industry. (61)
- The maps below show the centre of a small town called Islip as it is now, and plans for its development.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant (68.5)
- The maps below show the centre of a small town called Islip as it is now, and plans for its development.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant (63.5)
- The charts below show the main reasons for study among students of different age groups and the amount of support they receive from employers. (78)
- The bar chart below shows the percentage of Australian men and women in different age groups who did regular physical activity in 2010 (64)
- The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years. (73)
- The table below shows the sales made by a coffee shop in an office building on a typical weekday. (73)