Essay topics: The line graph shows the channel one news viewing figures per day on one year
The line graph compares the amount of views per day on the news channel during the year.
It is clear from the line graph that the 9:30pm news experienced notable change while the 1pm news stayed at the same level during the period of time. In particular, the 11pm news was introduced on 1st May.
In January, approximately 5 million of viewers watched 6pm news, which was the highest figure compared with about 3 million of audiences chosen 9:30 pm news. However, the amount of spectators remained stable at 1,3 million on 1pm news from January to December while the figures for 11pm news was brought on 1st May but it almost hit the bottom under 0.5 million viewers.
In August, the numbers of viewers on 11pm news increased sharply to reach the peak at 4 million, whereas the figure for 9:30 pm news decreased significantly at 1 million. The 6pm news was fluctuated during this period of time at just over 3 million viewers in December.
- Living in big cities is bad for people's health. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (79)
- Some people think that governments should ban dangerous sports, whileothers think people should have freedom to do any sports or activity. Discuss both viewsand give your own opinion. (73)
- The world natural resources are being consumed at an ever-increased rate. What are the dangers of this situation? What should we do? (56)
- Some people think that in the modern world we are more dependent on each other, while others think that people have become more independent. Discuss both views and give your own opinion (61)
- Many museums and historical sites are mainly visited by tourists but not local people. Why is this the case and what can be done to attract more local people to visit these places? (56)
- It is more important for schoolchildren to learn about local history than world history. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (78)
- The two graphs show the main sources of energy in the USA in 1980 and 1990. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the changes which occurred. Write at least 150 words (56)
- The two graphs show the main sources of energy in the USA in 1980 and 1990. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the changes which occurred. Write at least 150 words. (56)
- Some people say that too much attention and too many resources are given in the protection of wild animals and birds. Do you agree or disagree about this opinion? (56)
- The pie charts below show the average household expenditures in Japan and Malaysia in the year 2010. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (56)