The plans below show the site of an airport now and how it will look after redevelopment next year Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The plans below show the site of an airport now and how it will look after redevelopment next year.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The given illustrations depict the general view of the Southwest airport and its proposed changes which are going to take place a year later.

Overall, development occurs all around the airport and the easiest one to notice is the area with gates.

Firstly, instead of a rectangle shape, the shapes constituted by the gates will be converted into the shape of the letter “Y”, associated with that is the increase in the number of gates, from eight to eighteen. The walkway inside will be replaced by a sky train. An addition of shops will also occur in the left behind the security passport control.

Moving to the departures area, passengers will check-in in the opposite direction of the previous check-in site. Another remaining service which is the café will then be shifted to make room for the bag-dropping place. At the arrival site, a newly added café and ATM will be placed along the wall on the right. Furthermore, there will be extra space which is also a novel construction for hiring cars.