The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999

The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999.

The diagram provided illustrates the information about five different categories of australian’s households living in poor condition in 1999.

Generally, single parent and couple with children were observed as the biggest proportion of family living under-privilege. Conversely, just a small fraction of elderly couple family experienced poverty.

To begin with, in 1999, about 1,837,000 of australian’s households had lower economic status, in which more than a fifth of them was family with the sole parent, followed by single, no children and couples with children families at just below a fifth and over a ten respectively. In addition, around 7% of the couple with no children family experienced living with lower economic status.

In contrast, among the five types of families provided, just a minor number of the single elderly person and the senior citizen couple lived in poor condition. The former accounted for 6%, while the letter was lower by 2%.