Essay topics: You need to take leave from your work of over one-month for personal reasons. Write a letter to your boss.In your letter
Explain the reason for the leave and the length of leave you need.
Explain how you will keep up to date while you are away
Suggest how your work could be covered while you are away
This is John, working in the technology department of the company and I am requesting you to grant me one month of leave to look after my father post his knee replacement surgery. If possible, I would like the leave from Jan 1st, 2017 with a return date of February 1st, 2017.
My father has arthritis and the doctor has recommended replacing his knees so that he will get rid of the wheelchair. After surgery, there will be 4 weeks of rehabilitation period where I have to take him to physiotherapist every day for physiotherapy sessions.
While I am away from the office, I will be promptly responding to office emails and will be reading through the daily status report to keep myself updated with day’s work and project roadmap.
I have requested Smith and Robin to provide coverage during my absence and planned to transition my current project responsibilities to them. Additionally, they are experienced in patching security updates on the network and maintenance of the servers.
I assure you that there will be no impact to project delivery and request you to approve my one month of vacation to support my family.
Thank you very much for your consideration.
- Paper books are and will always be superior to e-books.Discuss the advantages or disadvantages of e-books with regards to this statement. Support your point of view with reasons and/or examples from your own experience or observations.Write between 200 an (67)
- “Vegetarianism is more ethical than eating meat.”Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with this statement. Support your point of view with reasons and/or examples from your own experience or observations.Write between 200 and 300 words. (37.5)
- It is becoming increasingly popular to have a year off between finishing school and going to university. Some people believe that the year off is a waste of time while others believe that it is necessary.Choose which position you most agree with and discu (55)
- Learning English at school is often seen as more important than learning local languages. If these are not taught, many are at risk of dying out. In your opinion, is it important for everyone to learn English. Should we try to ensure the survival of loca (78)
- You have lost an item of value on a train. Write a letter to the railway company. In your letterDescribe the itemExplain where and when you left itSay what action you would like the company to take. (56)
- Some people think that women are generally more peaceful than men as their characters are naturally more nurturing than aggressive. To what extent do you agree/disagree. (48)
- Some people fail in school, but end up being successful in life. Why do you think that is the case?What is the most important to thing in succeed in life? (94.6667)
- Some people think that the only way to judge someone’s success in business is by the amount of money they make.Is money a true indicator of the success of a business?In what other ways could success in a business be measured? (78)
- Some people think that it is better for a country’s economy for people to spend money while others believe that it would be better for people to save money.Describe both sides and give your opinion. (89)
- In the developed world, average life expectancy is increasing. What problems will this cause for individuals and society? Suggest some measures that could be taken to reduce the impact of ageing populations. (61)