The car is possibly the most convenient and popular way of getting from A to B. However, due to its impact on the environment and the risk it poses to pedestrians and motorists, governments should take urgent steps to reduce our dependency on this mode of transport. To what extend do you agree or disagree?
No one can argue that traffic jam becomes one of major concerns in many urban cities. With the high number of car users on roads, city planners claim that traffic problems have led to environmental pollution and safety concern for vulnerable road users such as pedestrians or cyclists. As a result, the hectic traffic should be prioritized by a city in order to ease the negative consequences. Personally, I agree with this idea for a couple reasons.
To begin with, the convenience in our daily lives has led to serious consequences. Since people become more affluent and be able to afford a private car for their conveniences, the number of cars on roads increases dramatically. Traffic congestion then has a great impact on the environment as the quality of air becomes polluted from toxic fumes that release from engines. Even though the introduction of alternative cleaner products such as hybrid cars, lead-free fuel or hydrogen vehicles, it still cannot ease the polluted air in urban areas. Besides that, the incidence of vulnerable road users, who get hurt or fatal injuries by a driver, happens frequently. From safety issue and poor air quality that created from traffic congestion, city-planners need to address and find effective solutions.
However, there are some practical measures that should be taken by the policy planners. Firstly, improving public transportation to be as convenient as travelling by a private car, could be done by a city in order to attract a large number of passengers. Secondly, commuters should be encouraged car-share with neighbors or friends, who make the same journeys. By sharing vehicles, drivers can also save amount of money on gasoline and decrease the number of car trip makers.
In conclusion, the traffic road has negative effects on urban cities and the environment tremendously. Hopefully, with some example practices, these could mitigate the hectic busy road, eventually.
- The chart below shows the annual number of rentals and sales( in various formats) of film from a particular store between 2002 and 2011.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (85)
- There are fewer and fewer employment opportunities for graduates entering the job market and this will have serious implications for higher educations. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this? (85)
- Because of falling birth rates and better healthcare, the world's population is getting steadily older and this trend is going to cause serious problems for society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (70)
- The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. (70)
- The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kinds of meatin a European country between 1979 and 2004 (80)
- The charts below show the average temperature for each month and the average monthly rainfall in two cities of china: Beijing and Hong Kong. (50)
- The graphs below show average monthly temperature and rainfall in two places in South Africa.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (80)
- City living in the 21st century is successful and offers no advantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (80)
- The diagram shows how the SpaceShipOne is designed to gain and lose altitude.SpaeShipOne is a prototype re-usable spacecraft, transported by a specially designed aircraft, White Knight, to launch height.Write description and summarise (85)
- Now that there are no unknown places left on Earth that individuals can explore, exploration has taken the form of overcoming physical challenges. What is your opinion of this development? Give reasons for your ideas and include any relevant examples fro (40)