Celebrity status no longer equates with talent accomplishments Discuss

Celebrity status no longer equates with talent/accomplishments. Discuss.

Skills and achievements were genuinely needed to become a most popular person in days of yore. On the contrary, today, most people opt for shortcut routes to become celebrities irrespective of possessing talents and accomplishments. Hence, from my perspective, I opine that to achieve celebrity status nowadays, no special skills are required and this position should not be related to these skills. This essay analyses both points of view and will come to a conclusion.

On one side of the argument, some people believe that most famous people, especially in the field of entertainment and sports industry put their efforts through hard work in order to reach higher levels. They vehemently argue that these famous personalities spend sleepless nights and reach this position step-by-step. They quote the example of famous Hollywood actor, Jackie Chan, who succeeded in his profession due to his extreme dedication in learning ‘Kung Fu’, a martial art from his childhood days. Thus, it is quite arguable that celebrity status could not be deserved unless executing appropriate efforts. Although some people attain these heights through a right path, a section of people’s cases are vice versa.

On the other hand, it is evident that a proportion of people are not well-talented or achieved any significant skills to become familiar faces. To be specific, these masked celebrities are not even aware of basic general knowledge sometimes while they are being interviewed. Further, these money-minded people come to their profession only with the aim of earning lump some money. This can be seen from their activities that they refuse to participate in social issues and problems which public face. A good illustration is, in the case of cine industry, actors are being selected for the movies after they show-off their beauty regardless of their acting talents. In addition, in the field of sports, for instance, in Indian national cricket team, progeny is getting selected due to the fame of their ancestors who shined in the very field previously. Therefore, it is true fact that celebrity status are no longer connected with the real talents and accomplishments.

After coxing and boxing of the issue, I am convinced that though some real successful people are honored because of their genuine efforts, a portion of celebrities shines without any talents and skills. Hence, in this contemporary world, it is advised that people must have to carefully analyze and judge personalities before making them to become celebrities.

it is true fact that
it is a true fact that

a portion of celebrities shines without any talents and skills.
a portion of celebrities shine without any talents and skills.