Graduates who cannot find work in their chosen field should be advised to do a second degree rather than taking a job that does not interest them To what extent do you agree with this statement

Graduates who cannot find work in their chosen field should be advised to do a second degree, rather than taking a job that does not interest them. To what extent do you agree with this statement?

Nowadays, it is very difficult for some young adults to get a desirable job with the same fields that they graduated. The job market has become very competitive as more and more students are qualified and have a first degree at least. However, some say that if graduates still cannot secure suitable employment in their career fields, they should be advised to study in advanced levels. Personally, I would recommend that it depends on several factors and student’s circumstances.

To begin with, guiding a person to study in a higher degree might not a good idea for some reasons. If students have no real intend to pursue in further educations, they should not invest money and time on getting an unwanted certification. The universities charging fees are generally very expensive, which can up to several thousand dollars per semester, so students also need to consider carefully about the financial situation. Unfortunately, some students have to loan budget from banks to invest in an advanced degree and repay later.

Another recommend is that job hunters who are unemployed might have to accept to the fact that there are not always favorable jobs available in the job market for everyone, so they might have to adapt themselves to do other jobs instead. Accumulating valuable experiences and building fundamental skills from the bottom could be a good start for an individual to shifts the profession and becomes successful.

On the other hand, if a person still really wants to keep his/ her profession, it is also a good choice for a person to come back to study in a higher degree. During this unemployed time, graduates can change this unfortunate situation to entrance in a university in order to acquire a doctorate degree or pursue in a research-based career, if they are affordable the cost without getting in debt.

To sum up, making a decision weather study in a postgraduate degree or accept other job opportunities depends on an individual’s circumstances. If one already planned the future education, I would recommend he/ she to follow the educational path, whereas if one struggles with financial support, changing careers might be another considerable option.

If students have no real intend to pursue
If students have no real intention to pursue

The universities charging fees are generally very expensive
The universities' charging fees are generally very expensive
charging fees of The universities are generally very expensive

which can up to several thousand dollars per semester,
which can go up to several thousand dollars per semester,

there are not always favorable jobs available in the job market
there are no favorable jobs available always in the job market

for an individual to shifts the profession
for an individual to shift the profession

graduates can change this unfortunate situation to entrance in a university in order to acquire a doctorate degree
graduates can change this unfortunate situation to enter a university in order to acquire a doctorate degree

if they are affordable the cost without getting in debt.
if they can afford the cost without getting in debt.
if the cost is affordable without getting in debt.

making a decision weather study in a postgraduate degree or accept other job opportunities depends on an individual’s circumstances.
making a decision for (something...) depends on an individual’s circumstances.

----------------------