With the increase in the use of mobile phones and computers fewer people are writing letters Some people think that the traditional skill of writing letters will disappear completely To what extent do you agree or disagree

With the increase in the use of mobile phones and computers, fewer people are writing letters. Some people think that the traditional skill of writing letters will disappear completely. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

The topic of whether the traditional skill of writing letters will disappear due to the use of mobile phones and computers is of concern for many people. Some believe that text messages and emails will replace tradition mail in the future while others disagree. As for me, I do not agree the former.

Those who think writing letters will no longer exist hold the following reasons. Firstly, there is no question that the widespread use of mobile phone and computers has revolutionised the way people communicate. By simply clicking a small button on a screen, the message will be sent to intended recipients instantly, which makes them the perfect tools for easy and convenient communication. Secondly, the modern technologies allow e-mail or e-message become more multifunctional. Being interactive and diverse, e-mails provide the advantage of attaching pictures, voice files and word documentation, rather than a page of plain text. Thus, people prefer to use computers to send a party invitation or birthday greetings with visual images to their friends instead of traditional letters.

However, on no account should we ignore the values of traditional letters. To start with, it encourages people to keep the formal and official writing styles. As there are no non-standard abbreviation or incorrect grammars permitted in hand-written letters, these letters are always considered as the most appropriate writing style, therefore, many international business letters or thank you letters remain the written styles. Besides, there are a number of people, especially the older generations do not like to use the hi-tech device to communicate with others. Some may find that it is too complicated to manipulate cell phones to touch others because they are not good at typing words. Also, the elderly believe that the written form of a letter is the most respectful way to express the sincere regards.

To sum up, although the mobiles and internet devices are gaining their popularity, the skills of writing letters will never die out. I think letters are not replaceable as they are the important skills for everyone.