Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.To what extent do you agree or disagree?What other measures do you think might be effective?

Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
What other measures do you think might be effective?

Since the dawn of twenty first century the cities all over the world have faced a number of problems related to the growing traffic and the pollution caused due to it. Hence, many experts have proposed a number of solutions to tackle these problems. One of such solution of increasing the price of petrol has been a topic of debate.

No one can deny that the fuel used by most of the private vehicles is petrol. Increasing the rate of petrol will surely help in reducing the number of vehicles running daily. Many people will be forced to use public transport owing to the fuel price bike.

However, the high class people will be barely affected by the rise of fuel costs. The cars used by these people consume lot of fuel. Moreover, owing to their living standards they do not prefer to use public transport facilities. The transportation of basic necessities like vegetables, clothes and other materials such as even though the fuel prices increase. It will simply lead to price hike of the daily necessities. On the other hand if price of one fuel (such as petrol) is increased then people will turn to substitutes like CNG and LPG which are for cheaper than petrol.

Thus in order to restrict the growing traffic increasing the petrol prices is not a good solution. In order to reduce the cars running on road the Government has to promote the use of public transport. The Public transport facilities need to be improved as that more people will be encouraged to use them instead of private vehicles. In order to control the pollution caused due to this traffic stringent lows should be put forth and severely punishing these who do not follow them.

‘A Country is said to be rich not when the poor travel by cars, but when the rich travel by public transport.’

One of such solution
One of such solutions