Essay topics: It is generally believed that education is of vital importance of individual development and well-being of society. What should education consist of to fulfil both these functions?
A country’s development determines its education system. It is true that education is important not only to peoples’ lives but also the booming of a society. In order to achieve this goal, there are several elements which will be illustrated in this essay.
Firstly, education providers have to offer the latest academic knowledge and employable skills that allow students to seek employment successfully. This is because the cut-throat commercial competition forces employers to recruit candidates with sound knowledge and multi-tasks skills. Particularly in developing countries, where a degree or working experiences cannot guarantee a job position in a big company. Since enterprises are generally not willing to allocate budgets to staff-training in most jobs, such as accounting, marketing and customers services.
From the social perspective, education means how to preach the significance of social responsibilities and moral judgements. Firstly, local residents can learn the importance of environmental protection through the media or conventional means. For instance, instead of using cars, passengers should consider travel with public transport in order to control the carbon emissions. Secondly, imparting the ethical standards to the public can link to the social security. This has been proved by the case that an increasing number of teenagers are doing the community services to help the poor and the disadvantaged, which potentially reduce the crime rate.
In conclusion, education is never about passing down the knowledge only, as more importantly, it should be involved with allowing people to learn the latest skills and information in junction with the sense of social responsibility and the code of ethics.
- Memorization of information by frequent repetition (rote learning) plays a role in most education systems. Do the advantages of this method of learning outweigh its disadvantages? (80)
- Some countries achieve international success by building specialized sports facilities for top athletes to train instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Do you think it is a positive or negative development? (93.3333)
- Families who send their children to private schools should not be required to pay taxes that support the state education system. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (60)
- The graph and table below give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries. (82.5)
- Some people believe that children are given too much free time. They feel that this time should be used to do more school work.How do you think education shoudl spend their free time? (85)
- uccessful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your opinion. (85)
- The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030 (70)
- Some people think that the teenage years are the happiest time of most people lives. Others think that adult life brings more happiness, in spite of greater responsibilities. （important) (51.25)
- With the increasing demand for energy sources of oil and gas, people should look for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched places. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of damaging such areas? (73.3333)
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (66.6667)