Many people spend a lot of money on clothes, haircuts, and beauty products to enhance their appearance. Some people think that it is a good way to spend money, while others think that there is a better way to spend it. Discuss both views and give your opi

Essay topics: Many people spend a lot of money on clothes, haircuts, and beauty products to enhance their appearance. Some people think that it is a good way to spend money, while others think that there is a better way to spend it. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

kkk92's picture

Nowadays, most of the people are more concerning about their appearance and how to get attraction by others. For that, they spend more and more money on clothes, shoes, haircuts and so on. However, some people argue that there are better ways to spend money. Although seems like both of the arguments are considerable, I believe it is good to spend money for more important things than beauty products and all.

It is true that people should concern about their beauty and the way how they look like. Because, by being good looking, there are many social benefits can be gained. Firstly, it helps to increase the confidence of a person. People who are having makeups and wearing nice clothes, are more forward than the others. Secondly, wearing neat clothes always have affected to get a positive image from the others. As clothing way has become a one of the measurements of a person, people tend to spend more money on that. So one side, even spending money on appearance may be seemed unimportant, if anyone look deeper on it, it is one of main factor for today's society.

On the contrary, saving money or investing money helps a person to build a bright future. For example, a person who spends more money on his dressings in every year, saves that sum for four years, he may be able to buy a car very soon. And also a person can spend that money for his educational purposes. Since whatever learnt will never fade, that will be a huge life time investment. Another thing that people need to consider is the fact that 'Beauty is not eternal'. Even how much we spend on today, it will waste when we are growing old.Therefore, spending for good look will be wasted one day.

To sum up, even it is better to be nice by spending money for fashionable dresses, the best thing is to use more money for other important things such as savings or investments. But the way of thinking is varying with the attitudes of the people, whether important is to get a good impression or build a successful future.