Essay topics: Many people spend a lot of money on clothes, haircuts, and beauty products to enhance their appearance. Some people think that it is a good way to spend money, while others think that there is a better way to spend it. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
It is certainly true that most people prefer to do everything for being attraction from others. Expending a lot of money on beauty products, luxury cloths or cool hairstyles are only better appearance. However, some people argue that it is unnecessary for buying all these things and there are other ways for spending money on. Both of these views will be discussed in this essay.
On one hand, good looking and being attractive are very important in any social. People always concern about their beauty and how the way they look like because it can bring some social benefits to them. Being attractive makes a person to be more self-confident and brings many supportive beliefs from others. When other people feel impress to an individual, they will offer better opportunities or support several things. As a result, most people desire to expend a lot of money on improving their outlook with luxury cloths or expensive surgeries.
On the other hand, other expenditures such as saving money or investing money on education or stock- marketing can be more rewarding than paying for beauty. If a person saves all money that they spend on cosmetics or cloths, he/she will be able to purchase a car or spend on their higher education. People should concern about what is necessary for our lives and which one is wasting money. Appearance is just desirable outlook which is external image and will disappear in one day, so we should not pay attention on it and spend a large among of money on them.
In conclusion, even though, a person still needs fashionable dresses and nice hairstyles, it is still not a main purpose of human lives. However, investment such education or saving for retirement are more important for the future of humans. Personally, I do believe that investing money on essential things bring many benefits than generate on appearance.
- Psychologists have known for many years that colour can affect how people feel. For this reason, attention should be given to colour scheme when decorating places such as offices and hospitals.How true is this statement?How far does colour influence peopl (70)
- Some educationalists argue that non-exam, art-based subjects, such as music, drama, art and craft, should be compulsory in the secondary-school curriculum. They believe that activities such as these can improve overall academic performance.To what extent (60)
- In many countries today, the eating habits and lifestyles of children are different from those of previous generations. Some people say this has had a negative effect on their healthTo what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (70)
- Research shows that global warming is caused by human activity. What are the possible effects of climate change and what can governments and individuals do to reduce these? (70)
- Some say that young and energetic employees are the most valuable for the company, others argue that older employees have more experience and knowledge.What is your opinion on that issue? Which viewpoint do you support? (60)
- In many countries today there are many highly qualified graduates without employment. What factors may have caused this situation and what, in your opinion, can/should be done about it? (75)
- The best way for governments to solve the problem of traffic congestion is to provide free public transport in 24 hours per day, and seven days a week. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (60)
- Fewer and fewer people walk on a daily basis. What are the reasons and how to encourage them to spend their time walking? (60)
- Nowadays, many families have both parents working. Some working parents believe other family members like grandparents can take care of their children, while others think childcare centers provide the best care. Discuss both views and give your own opinio (80)
- Television cannot replace the book as a learning tool, which is why children also less well educated today.Discuss this view and give your own opinion. (85)