More and more people are becoming seriously overweight Some people say that the price increase of fattening foods will solve this problem To what extend do you agree or disagree

More and more people are becoming seriously overweight. Some people say that the price increase of fattening foods will solve this problem. To what extend do you agree or disagree?

The problem of an increasing number of people suffering from obesity is of concern for the government and citizens. Some suggest increasing the price of fattening foods in order to address the problem. As for me, I believe there are other methods that can do a better job.

Raising the price of junk food can certainly help to shape consumers’ eating habits in some extent. Firstly, consumers would seek alternative options over sugary and fast foods because of a limited budget. If the unhealthy foods, such as pizzas, burgers and soft drink cost too much, people would rather buy the cheap and health products so they can minimise the expense, which in turn modifies eating behaviours. Secondly, increasing the price of junk foods is one way to tell grocery industries to manufacture, for example, sugar-free drink and fat-free sandwich which concern people’s health conditions more.

However, simply raising the price of junk foods cannot eliminate the problem because people who are favour of fries or chips will not change their dietary habits easily. Therefore, more methods are required to ease people’s weight problem. To start with, the government should consider investing money on fitness facilities. For example, building more fitness centres and sports stadiums will encourage people to do exercise. Physical activities significantly assist trainers to burn fat and calories inside their bodies, thereby effectively promoting activating lifestyles and reducing overweight problems. Besides that, professional counsellors should give advice on healthy diet to the general public so that people can pay attention to their dietary habits.

To sum up, raising the price of unhealthy foods is not the only way to help obese people. The government should put more effort on the improvement of public facilities or services to solve people’s weight problems.