News has a remarkable influence on people s opinions and ideas Do you think it is a positive or negative change

News has a remarkable influence on people's opinions and ideas. Do you think it is a positive or negative change?

People are bombarded with information presented by the news media every day, including newspapers, radio, and the Internet. It has been argued that the news media exerts impact on us. From my perspective, I perceive that as a negative trend, although the positive side needs to be closely considered as well.

To begin with, people can keep up the pace with the society through being exposed by mass media. This is particularly true in the case of the finance industry, where traders have to be aware of the latest economic trend in order to make the adequate investing decision. However, there is a widely accepted notion that news has become misleading, challenging people's view towards their surroundings. For example, with the exaggerated comments made by the journalists, an airplane crash may change spectator's view of the safety of the airplane. As a result, the public may start to suspect the feasibility of air travel and choose to travel with other transports for some times, which would cause financial loss to air companies.

Apart from that, exposure of news can broaden people's horizons, for instance, young students who are keen to acquire more knowledge from different sources rather than schooling and parenting. Nevertheless, TV news may undermine people's development of creativity. This is because all contents displayed by the media are pre-set and modified, leaving no room for imagination and critical thinking. This has been proved by a number of researches that youths who read more novels and books tend to behave more creative than those who addicted to news. Therefore, people are more likely to jump to a conclusion when they encounter something unfamiliar with.

In conclusion, news enriches our lives, especially for children. However, people are advised to pay more attention to the drawback of news.

Try to put one more paragraph in essay body to get higher marks. (around 350 words)

Read a real story by a testbig user why more content:
http://www.testbig.com/ielts-essays/some-people-prefer-spend-their-live…