Essay topics: Nowadays many people have access to computers on a wide basic and a large number of children play computer games.
What are the positive and negative effects of playing computer games?
Today, the strong development of computer allows a lot of people to access, including children who use computer for playing games. There are both advantages and disadvantages of playing games.
On the one hand, playing games brings along many benefits. The most important positive effect is that it enables children to develop useful skills such as logical thinking, problem solving, computer skills and language skills. Another good point is that when playing games, teenagers can feel relax and have fun. In fact, they might reduce their stress when playing many popular games with vivid image and sound effects, for examples Candy Crush, Flappy Bird…
Despite these attractions, however, some drawbacks do exist. The most serious negative impact is that young people may have harmful effects on their health if they play game too much. This can be explained by the fact that they can easily become addicted, so they could suffer from health problems such as weak eyesight, obesity, body pain... An additional problem is that when spending a lot of time in front of computer screen, it can harm the negatively influence of children’ personality. Specifically, playing games may develop aggressive behaviors for youngsters because they might mimic violent acts in games. Besides, game addiction can hinder children’ social skills and it may affect their relationships with people around them.
To sum up, in spite of its many benefits, playing games also has many dangers. Children should play game with under control of their parents.
- The three pie charts below show how the changes in annual spending by a particular UK schools in 1981, 1991, and 2001. (90)
- The line graph below shows the average daily maximum temperatures for Auckland and Christchurch, two cities in New Zealand, and London and Edinburgh, two cities in United Kingdom.Summaries the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and (73.33329999999999)
- Prison is the best punishment for criminals. Discuss. (80)
- The graph below compares the changes in the birth rates of China and the USA between 1920 and 2000.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (70)
- Advertising discourages people from being different individuals and makes them want to be or look the same. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (90)
- Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school.Discuss both views and give your opinion. (70)
- In today’s competitive world, many families find it necessary for both parents to go out to work. While some say the children in these families benefit from the additional income, others feel they lack support because of their parents’ absence.Discuss bot (80)
- Nowadays many people have access to computers on a wide basic and a large number of children play computer games.What are the positive and negative effects of playing computer games? (60)
- The maps show changes that took place in Youngsville in New Zealand over a 25 year period from 1980 to 2005. (70)
- The table below shows changes in the numbers of residents cycling to work in different areas of the UK between 2001 and 2011. (80)