Nowadays many people have access to computers on a wide basic and a large number of children play computer games.What are the positive and negative effects of playing computer games?

Essay topics: Nowadays many people have access to computers on a wide basic and a large number of children play computer games.
What are the positive and negative effects of playing computer games?

xthangbm's picture

Today, the strong development of computer allows a lot of people to access, including children who use computer for playing games. There are both advantages and disadvantages of playing games.

On the one hand, playing games brings along many benefits. The most important positive effect is that it enables children to develop useful skills such as logical thinking, problem solving, computer skills and language skills. Another good point is that when playing games, teenagers can feel relax and have fun. In fact, they might reduce their stress when playing many popular games with vivid image and sound effects, for examples Candy Crush, Flappy Bird…

Despite these attractions, however, some drawbacks do exist. The most serious negative impact is that young people may have harmful effects on their health if they play game too much. This can be explained by the fact that they can easily become addicted, so they could suffer from health problems such as weak eyesight, obesity, body pain... An additional problem is that when spending a lot of time in front of computer screen, it can harm the negatively influence of children’ personality. Specifically, playing games may develop aggressive behaviors for youngsters because they might mimic violent acts in games. Besides, game addiction can hinder children’ social skills and it may affect their relationships with people around them.

To sum up, in spite of its many benefits, playing games also has many dangers. Children should play game with under control of their parents.