Nowadays as a part of the education process students are working for a company for a short period of time without pay Are there more advantages or disadvantages to this Give your own opinion

Nowadays as a part of the education process students are working for a company for a short period of time without pay. Are there more advantages or disadvantages to this ? Give your own opinion

Undoubtedly, nowadays most of the well known eminent companies provide an internship to many of the college students during their final year. Some people hold the opinion that this is a positive move; undeniably students would be benefited because of this, whereas some people argue that this development would have adverse effects on their education. In my viewpoint, this can have pros as well as cons, which I will try to enunciate below.

To begin with, there are multifarious advantages if students are working part time. Firstly, they would get an experience in the related work field which they may be planning to take up as their future career. For example a student pursuing Masters in the computer Management, normally dream of working in the famous software company as a programmer, so his dream will come true if he is being offered a job. Secondly, a student having prior experience in any of the fields of their specialization would be given more preference during the campus placement compared to a normal student who only attends a college and completes the Master’s Degree. Undeniably, due to the working experience these students would be more confident facing the outer world compared to a student without any prior experience.

On the contrary, one cannot deny there would be certain disadvantages, which can arise in case if students are working as a part time without a salary. First of all, whenever companies allow students to work part time, they never agree on the number of hours and sometimes it might happen that students lands up spending more time towards work which can have untoward effects on their education. Consequently due to a challenging working conditions and study pressure, a student sometimes feels devastated and de-motivated. Moreover, due to the studying and working simultaneously, definitely it would leave them very less time for leisure and extracurricular activities.

To recapitulate, there is no harm to take up part time job without any reimbursements; however, it is up to the students to decide and create proper balance between the work life, personal life and their studies to avoid any adverse effect.

students lands up spending more time
students land up spending more time

due to a challenging working conditions
due to a challenging working condition