Prison is the best punishment for criminals Discuss

Prison is the best punishment for criminals. Discuss

In current life, wherever you go and whatever you read you will face victims of crimes which are the widespread issue all over the world. But what is the most effective way to diminish the rising crime rate in our society. Some people believe the best way to punish criminals is sentencing them to time in prison. Nonetheless, I vehemently disagree with this idea and in this essay I will support my opinion with specific examples.

To begin with, life in cell is too convenient for criminals. For instance, they have access to luxuries such as TV, internet and phones which some families can’t afford utilizing at home in everyday life. To be more specific jail life is like a holiday camp that people go after hard work. In fact, in the UK most prisons are much softer and shorter than others in foreign countries. Personally, I think that this kind of jails should be much stricter in order to shortcut the number of increasing crime figures.

Another major problem in punishing criminals is that the government doesn’t divide them according to their faults. For example, a number of prisoners aren’t so dangerous for the society. however they are kept in the same place with serious criminals such as sex offences and serial killers. As a result of wrong distribution they mix with more detrimental law breakers and learn to do more violent crimes. I strongly agree that it leads to double crime rate rapidly.

On the other hand, there is a belief that bars can rehabilitate all offenders in a short time. Take an example, many inmates have opportunity to study particular subject while they are inside. Hence, most of them never re-offend when they are released. In my point of view, this conducive facility can be the best way to prepare them for the society as harmless men.

In conclusion, although it’s acclaimed that prison is the best way to punish offenders, I believe it’s very soft and short type of punishment for some kind of criminals such as murders, rapists and it’s not always necessary for penalizing people in majority cases. Personally, I think prison should be the last option for most detrimental inmates if all actions have failed.

I believe it’s very soft and short type of punishment
I believe it’s a very soft and short type of punishment