With the rise in popularity of the Internet, newspapers will soon become a thing of the past.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Nowadays, many people prefer reading the news on the Internet rather than paper format, the same situation as books. Therefore, it is true that after the introduction of World Wide Web in people’s life, there are some moments in which readers grab a printed format as a source of inform.
To begin with, newspapers are instantly available on many portable devices. The only evident thing is that the articles found in the newspaper are inserted into web pages and visualised by customers very easily. For example, a British newspaper, The Guardian has the online version and could be used by those who have access to the Internet. What is more, the Internet offers the customer’s feedback to the headline news. Therefore, the world’s tendency towards social networking encourages the news popular among the users.
Secondly, newspapers are also used by many commuters using public transport. It is a common activity to spend time in a secure way with a valid access to the news. For instance, going by land could lead to problems with receiving Internet dates because of your location on your map. You do not have signal while you are passing through a tunnel or a wide area. The similar situation happens on a plane, you are not allowed to use mobile networks. Before the plane takes off, all the passengers must activate the flight mode.
To sum up, newspaper online are an available source of information for everybody and it is widely used because it is cheap, fast and easy access.
- The charts below show how the percentage of their food budget the average family spent on restaurant meals in different years. The graph shows the number of meals eaten in fast food restaurant and sit-down restaurant. 80
- "Prevention is better than cure."Out of a country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? 60
- The table below shows the results of surveys in 2000, 2005 ad 2010 about one university.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. 80
- Some people believe that electronic calculators should not be allowed in school until after the pupils have mastered mental arithmetic. Others believe that calculators save pupils time especially with complicated calculations. Discuss both these views and 70
- The table below shows the results of a survey of the average number of cars per hour using three suburban roads during working hours in a ten year pollution monitoring programme. Traffic calming was introduced in Harper Lane at the beginning of 1999.Write 70
No. of Words: 254 350
Attribute Value Ideal
Score: 6.0 out of 9
Category: Good Excellent
No. of Grammatical Errors: 0 2
No. of Spelling Errors: 0 2
No. of Sentences: 14 15
No. of Words: 254 350
No. of Characters: 1201 1500
No. of Different Words: 160 200
Fourth Root of Number of Words: 3.992 4.7
Average Word Length: 4.728 4.6
Word Length SD: 2.443 2.4
No. of Words greater than 5 chars: 88 100
No. of Words greater than 6 chars: 63 80
No. of Words greater than 7 chars: 44 40
No. of Words greater than 8 chars: 24 20
Use of Passive Voice (%): 0 0
Avg. Sentence Length: 18.143 21.0
Sentence Length SD: 5.768 7.5
Use of Discourse Markers (%): 0.643 0.12
Sentence-Text Coherence: 0.307 0.35
Sentence-Para Coherence: 0.516 0.50
Sentence-Sentence Coherence: 0.069 0.07
Number of Paragraphs: 4 5