Essay topics: With the rise in popularity of the Internet, newspapers will soon become a thing of the past.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Nowadays, many people prefer reading the news on the Internet rather than paper format, the same situation as books. Therefore, it is true that after the introduction of World Wide Web in people’s life, there are some moments in which readers grab a printed format as a source of inform.
To begin with, newspapers are instantly available on many portable devices. The only evident thing is that the articles found in the newspaper are inserted into web pages and visualised by customers very easily. For example, a British newspaper, The Guardian has the online version and could be used by those who have access to the Internet. What is more, the Internet offers the customer’s feedback to the headline news. Therefore, the world’s tendency towards social networking encourages the news popular among the users.
Secondly, newspapers are also used by many commuters using public transport. It is a common activity to spend time in a secure way with a valid access to the news. For instance, going by land could lead to problems with receiving Internet dates because of your location on your map. You do not have signal while you are passing through a tunnel or a wide area. The similar situation happens on a plane, you are not allowed to use mobile networks. Before the plane takes off, all the passengers must activate the flight mode.
To sum up, newspaper online are an available source of information for everybody and it is widely used because it is cheap, fast and easy access.
- Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (70)
- The map below is of the town of Garlsdon. A new supermarket (S) is planned for the town. The map shows two possible sites for the supermarket. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (80)
- The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital of adults Americans in two of the years. (70)
- Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both these views and give your opinion. (60)
- The graph and table below give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries. (70)
- The amount of time spend on sport and exercise should be increased in school in order to tackle the problem of overweight children? Do you think this the best way to deal with the problem? What other solutions can you suggest? (52.5)
- The diagrams below show the life cycle of the silkworm and the stages in the production of silk cloth. (60)
- Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. (85)
- With an increasing population communicating via Internet and text message, face to face communication will became a thing in the past. To what extent do you agree? (97.1429)
- Successful sport professional can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while other think it is unfair.Discuss both the views and give your opinion. (80)