With the rise in popularity of the Internet, newspapers will soon become a thing of the past.To what extent do you agree or disagree?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Essay topics: With the rise in popularity of the Internet, newspapers will soon become a thing of the past.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

roxanaluca's picture

Nowadays, many people prefer reading the news on the Internet rather than paper format, the same situation as books. Therefore, it is true that after the introduction of World Wide Web in people’s life, there are some moments in which readers grab a printed format as a source of inform.

To begin with, newspapers are instantly available on many portable devices. The only evident thing is that the articles found in the newspaper are inserted into web pages and visualised by customers very easily. For example, a British newspaper, The Guardian has the online version and could be used by those who have access to the Internet. What is more, the Internet offers the customer’s feedback to the headline news. Therefore, the world’s tendency towards social networking encourages the news popular among the users.

Secondly, newspapers are also used by many commuters using public transport. It is a common activity to spend time in a secure way with a valid access to the news. For instance, going by land could lead to problems with receiving Internet dates because of your location on your map. You do not have signal while you are passing through a tunnel or a wide area. The similar situation happens on a plane, you are not allowed to use mobile networks. Before the plane takes off, all the passengers must activate the flight mode.

To sum up, newspaper online are an available source of information for everybody and it is widely used because it is cheap, fast and easy access.