Essay topics: With the rise in popularity of the Internet, newspapers will soon become a thing of the past.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
Nowadays, many people prefer reading the news on the Internet rather than paper format, the same situation as books. Therefore, it is true that after the introduction of World Wide Web in people’s life, there are some moments in which readers grab a printed format as a source of inform.
To begin with, newspapers are instantly available on many portable devices. The only evident thing is that the articles found in the newspaper are inserted into web pages and visualised by customers very easily. For example, a British newspaper, The Guardian has the online version and could be used by those who have access to the Internet. What is more, the Internet offers the customer’s feedback to the headline news. Therefore, the world’s tendency towards social networking encourages the news popular among the users.
Secondly, newspapers are also used by many commuters using public transport. It is a common activity to spend time in a secure way with a valid access to the news. For instance, going by land could lead to problems with receiving Internet dates because of your location on your map. You do not have signal while you are passing through a tunnel or a wide area. The similar situation happens on a plane, you are not allowed to use mobile networks. Before the plane takes off, all the passengers must activate the flight mode.
To sum up, newspaper online are an available source of information for everybody and it is widely used because it is cheap, fast and easy access.
- The table below gives information about changes in modes of travel in England between 1985 and 2000. (73.3333)
- The bar graph below shows the numbers of employed persons by job type and sex for Australia in the year 2003. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (80)
- Success is something which most people try to achieve. What can success mean to different people? What is your view of success? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your knowledge. (93.3333)
- The two pie charts below show the marital status of Australia’s and Canada’s populations for 1999 and 2000 respectively. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (60)
- Many countries have compulsory military service for men after they leave school. It would be a good idea for all countries to adopt this system for men and possibly women. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and incl (70)
- The bar chart below shows the percentage of unemployed graduates, aged 20-24, in one European country over a two year period.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and making comparisons where relevant. (80)
- As children became adults, their social behaviour changes in some ways. What are the main differences between young children's social behaviour and that of adults? To what extent are the changes that take places good? (55)
- Modern technology has made it easier for individual to download copyright books and music from internet for no charge. What extent it is positive or negative to development? (20)
- In the past sporting champions used to be motivated primarily by the desire to win a match or to break records. These days, they are more likely to be motivated by prize money and the opportunity to be famous.What message does this send to young people an (70)
- The table below shows the results of surveys in 2000, 2005 ad 2010 about one university.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (80)