Some people believe that bicycles are the best mode of transport in the cities while others disagree Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of both views and give your opinion

Some people believe that bicycles are the best mode of transport in the cities, while others disagree. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of both views and give your opinion.

There is much controversy over whether bicycles are the best way of travelling to and fro in the cities. Each view has both pros and cons. My opinion is that bicycle is not the best way to travel.

Travelling by bicycle obviously has plenty of advantages. It costs less than a car and it is good for our health. Furthermore, it does not take up much space. However, the main disadvantage of bicycle is that it is slow and thus can only be good if we travel short distance. Most cities are large and travelling by bicycle will be very time- consuming.

Lots of people travel by car in big cities. Of course, other means of transportation such as cars, motorbikes, underground, bus and so on can help us travel faster which is very convenient and saves our time. The downside of this belief is that travelling these ways usually uses lots of fossil fuels and if they do not use fossil fuels, they can be expensive. Another bad point is that other means of transportation other than bicycles require parking space and cannot travel in narrow streets. In addition, the cities are becoming more and more crowded and during rush hour, using cars, public transport usually creates traffic jams.

Having considered these views, I think that bicycles, despite being friendly to the environment, are not the best way to travel around the city. However, it is best to travel by a means of transport which is friendly to the environment, fast and does not take up lots of space. Therefore electric motorbike and public transports that use renewable energies are the best options.

In conclusion, there are several ways to travel nowadays. I believe that people should turn to electric motorbikes and public means of transport which use renewable energies so as to benefit the environment and travel quickly without causing problems.