Essay topics: Some people believe that government wastes too much money on space exploration and research while there are still many problems on earth. To what extent do yo agree or disagree with the view.
In these days and age, it becomes a hot topic that the language diversity is minimized in a lower number since several languages are vanishing every year. Some people assert that retaining the language diversity is not crucial to human beings because having fewer languages leads to easiness in communication. Personally, the language diversity is vital which must be preserved for a couple reasons.
To begin with, it is certainly true that language is a tool that a society uses to communicate in a group, which goes hand in hand with habitual and regular lifestyles of people. Indigenous languages mainly hold a lot of valuable cultural heritage and passed down from ancestors to the next generation. Therefore, language is not only a tool for communicating but also has the value and history of a society. With the endangered of indigenous languages, cultural heritages of ethnic groups will disappear and become the edge of extinction, consequently.
Another concern is that there is a long term side effect of shrinking variety of languages as all ethnics will fuse to practice the same with influential customs since the exposure of globalization. For example, some people use English to communicate with other nations but also practice English or American customs which devalue their own cultures. The beauty of various customs and languages will fade gradually and continues to disappear completely, if people do not remain cultural heterogeneity. Apparently, many nations understand this change and become more aware by promoting younger generations to study their mother tongues as a mandatory subject in a school and encourage people to use their languages correctly.
To conclude, I will emphasize that the countless languages over the world have its own merits. With a good understanding about the value behind single language, people will be proud to preserve their native languages and enjoy experiencing other languages. Hopefully, the language variance and dignity of different cultures are still remaining in this world.
- Obesity is now a major global epidemic. What can be done to tackle this increasingly common problem? (80)
- In many countries, more and more young people are unable to find jobs after graduation.What are the possible reasons for this change? What are the solutions for this? (70)
- The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (75)
- The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projection for 2050. (70)
- The graph below gives the information from 2008 report about the consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.( taken fr (70)
- Some experts believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school.Do the advantages of this outweigh than the disadvantages? (70)
- In many countries there is a shortage of suitable people for essential jobs.What do you think are the causes of this problem and what measures could be taken to solve it? Give reasons fro your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowled (85)
- Television cannot replace the book as a learning tool, which is why children also less well educated today.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (70)
- In the past, most people spent their whole lives in the same village or small town, where all the residents knew each other. Nowadays, many people move to different place, where they don't know anyone.What do you think are the disadvantages and advantages (80)
- The chart below shows the changes that took place in three different areas of crime in New Port city center from 2003-2012. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (0)