Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school.Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is better to get a job straight after school.

Discuss both views and give your opinion.

Nowadays, people do not have same opinion about what is the best way to become successful in career? Some people reckon that teenagers should have a job after finishing high-school, while I feel that gaining post-school qualifications is the better route to success.

On the one hand, there are good reasons to believe that having a job straight after school is reasonable. There is no doubt that their parents do not have to bear financial burdens because young people can start earning money as soon as possible and be financially independent. As a result, they could be able to afford their own house and start a family. Besides, it is undeniable that youngsters going to work might gain practical working experience. This can be explained by the fact that they can spend more time on working than students who study three to four years at colleges or universities.

On the other hand, I agree with those who claim that people obtaining at least a degree or diploma will have a better profession. It is obvious that if they hold academic qualifications, they will gain promotion quickly and have a successful career, and also have better job opportunities. As a consequence, they can earning higher salaries. What is more, it can be argued that students could learn many skills that are useful for their future job such as presentation and writing report skills.

In conclusion, although some people can think that pupils should find a job after graduating high-school, I still believe that the better future will welcome anyone having formal education.

Sentence: As a consequence, they can earning higher salaries.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, present participle or gerund
Suggestion: Refer to can and earning