Essay topics: Some people say language courses using the internet and allowing you to talk to somebody is a good way to learn. Others, however, believe that study in classrooms is still the best way of learning. Give your opinion on these views and include your own experiences and examples.
Language learning is imperative for survival in this globalized world. Some people assert that it is an excellent way to learn a language by studying course from the web while others reckon that the absolute way of learning is by the learning in the classroom. For me, learning in the classroom is more beneficial than online thought it depends on the student situation and their confidence.
On one hand, language learning in online is necessary for people who don’t have training facility in their locality. Moreover, they can easily interact through the net and chat with online trainer and learn the language rapidly. In addition, studying in online is a great advantage of learning anytime with the partner according to the leisure time. Easy to learn with native speaker and get feedback immediately. Through cyberspace anywhere accessibility makes flexible in learning the language courses. It reduces travel time to university or classroom to study the language. In contrary, students feel that they are isolated from the classroom or instructor. Lack of routine structure would deter their studies. An instructor may not be available all the time. Furthermore, slow internet connection or older computers make accessing course difficult.
On the other hand, studying through the class helps to interact and communicate effectively and learn the language quickly. It allows to learn in a quiet, safe and clean environment. Group interaction enhances learning. Students learn from one another as well as from the trainer. However, computer training is predetermined students have to adjust their schedule according to the class. If class size is larger than passive learning may take place and also teacher cannot concentrate each student.
My own view is that classroom learning is an exceptional way to learn a language. However, if a student wants to lean in online he should ensure that stick into a student schedule or routine and he has sufficient internet and computer facilities.
- Your mentor recommended you to learn a new language and gave you contact details of a teacher. Following his advice, you need to write a letter to the teacher and say- What is your motivation to learn a new language?- How can the teacher help you?- When w (70)
- Nowadays air travel is cheaper than in the past. Is this a positive or a negative development? Discuss and give your own opinion. (88.5714)
- Writing task 1 (a letter)Your friend wants to come and spend his/her holiday staying at your place for a week. Write an apology letter to him/her and say- Explain why you can’t do it on those particular dates.- Suggest some alternative dates and things to (65)
- Writing Task 2 (an essay)In many countries around the world young people decide to leave their parents’ home once they finish school. They start living on their own or sharing a home with friends. Do you agree or disagree with this approach? Give your opi (56.6667)
- Writing task 1 (a letter)You have recently bought a TV and it arrived damaged. Write a letter to the store manager and say:- When and what TV did you buy?- Describe the damage.- How can the issue be solved in your opinion? (60)
- Writing task 1 (a letter)Your friend wants to start a new import/export business in the country where you live now. Write to him/her and say- What product is better to import.- What part of the country does the product come from?- Why he/she should import (60)
- Writing Task 2 (an essay)Some practical skills such as money management should be taught in high school. Do you agree or disagree? Give your opinion and real life examples. (58.3333)
- Nowadays many people work part or full time from home. Some people say that working from home has many benefits while others disagree. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (80)
- Write a letter to the hotel manager expressing your interest.In your letter-Introduce yourself-Explain why you think you would be suitable for the job.-Ask what work would be expected to do. (80)
- Some people think that teenagers who commit crimes should be treated the same way as adult criminals. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (58.5714)