Essay topics: Some people say there should be only one official international language. Others say that it is bad. Discuss both views and give you own opinion.
In today's globalized world, language is the key factor to exchange the information between nations or cultures in a friendly manner. This led to a discussion on having single official international language. Some individuals argues that a common language across the globe is not a bright idea and could bring some other issues. As far as I am concerned, it is better to have an official international language.
To begin with, a language is an identity of a region or culture. Making one language as a global linguistic could bring the loos of many other languages. For instance, in my part of the world, many people are concentrating only on English language due to the fact that it is extremely necessary to have a good English knowledge to succeed in our life. As a result, the current generation children are loosing their mother languages. Moreover, they are not taking active participation on some games and festivals which are tied up with local languages. Therefore, having a common international language could kill many traditions, culture and mother languages.
However, there are huge number of advantages by having a single international language. Firstly,every citizen in this world will be able to communicate with others. For example, nowadays, while finding friends over internet, many individuals prefer to look for the friends of common language because it makes communication simple, ease and perfect. Secondly, many talented individuals are not travelling to developed nations to showcase their knowledge or innovative ideas because of the communication gap. As a result, their talent is becoming useless. For example, many Chinese people are having tremendous knowledge on Electronics. Unfortunately, they are not sharing their innovations to developed nations such as USA , UK because they are weak in English language. Thirdly, a government could save money and concentrate on train their citizens on one language instead of many. This will save money to the government and time to the individuals.
To sum up,a common language across the globe is beneficial to everyone. At the same time, every individual should give respect to their tradition and culture and try to retain them.
- It is important for all cities and towns to have large outdoor public spaces, such as parks or squares. Do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (75)
- Your company sent you on a training in another country , in the end of the training you get a certificate , you’ve lost it .Write letter to the responsible tell him/her:- How you lost your certificate.- Why you need the certificate now.- What you need him (80)
- Fresh water has always been a limited resource in some parts of the world. Today, however, growing worldwide demand has made this a global problem.What are the causes of the increased demand, and what measures can governments and individuals take to respo (90)
- Write a letter to the publisher in a newspaper, asking to advertise a meeting of people from different countries you are organizing. Explain where, when and why. (95)
- You have decied to leave your current job even though you enjoy it.Write a letter to inform you manager of your decision. In your letterTell the manager about your decision and the reason for itDescribe what you learnt in you current jobask the manager to (80)
- You recently went on a trip with a friend and you booth took some photographs.Write a letter to your friend. In your letterask you friend to send you one of the photographsexplan why you need that particular photographtell your friend what happened to you (75)
- Problem with road in your area.Write a letter to the concil Introduce yourself Explain the problem What action you would like to take. (90)
- Some people say there should be only one official international language. Others say that it is bad. Discuss both views and give you own opinion. (70)
- Some people argue that public should be allowed to have guns. others do not agree. discuss both views and give your opinion. (60)
- Money if only just sufficient for your needs leads to happiness. Money in excess may lead to many problems. (85)