Some people think that the detailed criminal description on newspaper and TV has bad influences so this kind of information should be restricted on the media To what extent do you agree or disagree

Some people think that the detailed criminal description on newspaper and TV has bad influences, so this kind of information should be restricted on the media. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

With the socio-economic development, there has been increasing in the number of crimes in many countries around the word. Some people think that the detailed describing crime is not essential and appropriate. To my mind, it is unacceptable with this viewpoint for several reasons.

First of all, thanks to criminal description on TV and newspapers, more and more people have become aware of the different crimes. It is admitted that this information has been valuable and people have a better understanding about the planning of criminals as well as preparation for doing crimes. Furthermore, people are willing to participate in catching law-breakers with authorities. Therefore, people will play more important role in crime prevention.

Another reason is that the detailed criminal description on the media has been considered as absolutely essential legal channel to education people. Obviously, people who have an intention of committing serious crime, this description will be a huge barrier to deter people from doing crimes because law-breakers have to think before committing crime. What is more, investigative authorities really need this description because they make investigation more quickly and exactly to have an adequate punishment for offenders for the purpose of educating others. For example, Vietnam is a country where this description has been provided in criminal procedure law, the rate of crimes goes down significantly.

It seems to me that criminal case should be described on the media. This plays a crucial role in crime prevention as well as criminal investigation. What governments need to do is to promulgate a legal framework to force TV and newspapers to have this daily description.

there has been increasing in the number of crimes
there has been an increasing in the number of crimes

the detailed describing crime
the detailed criminal description