Some people think secondary school students should study international news as one of their subjects Other people say this is a waste of valuable school time Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Some people think secondary school students should study international news as one of their subjects. Other people say this is a waste of valuable school time. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

In this modern era, students should take advantages via technological media to improve their insight which connect to subjects in the school. In fact not all of people agree about it. They argue that reviewing global news is just waste of valuable school time. It is right that reviewing international news has positive and negative effects for students, especially junior high school students.

The first viewpoint, secondary school would improve their general knowledge to develop their insight. The news comes from around the world so they would get much information from many countries. It will add their science and insight when they get good quality news. For example when students know about development of science such as discovery or research, then economic development and nature condition, they have insight which can be connected to their subjects in the school.

In the other hands, learning international news will give negative effects. It will happen if the students get the global news which is not has relation with their subjects, for instead criminal news. The criminal news such as kidnapping, rape, and murder will make anxious and traumatic for students, even without protection they will imitate the cases. The information like that does not have synchronization with their subjects. It means waste time because it is not useful.

To overcome the negative and to maximize positive impacts, the teachers have to prepare the news. For according to develop theory of Ericson, any information obtained by children will affect the way of thinking, feeling, and reacting in their attitude.

Personally, I think that learning international news give benefits for junior high school students but there should be supervision to control the appropriate information needs students.

is just waste of valuable school time.
is just a waste of valuable school time.

which is not has relation with their subjects,
which does not have relation with their subjects,

learning international news give benefits
learning international news gives benefits

but there should be supervision to control the appropriate information needs students.
but there should be supervision to control the appropriate information needs for students.