Some people think that young people should be required to do unpaid work helping people in the community Are disadvantages of this requirement greater than the benefits for the community and individuals Discuss both views and give your own opinion

Some people think that young people should be required to do unpaid work helping people in the community. Are disadvantages of this requirement greater than the benefits for the community and individuals?

Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

In today’s world, no one can argue that education is very important for the future of young people. Gaining valuable experience is very necessary to getting a job in a future. As a result, some people assert that youths should be required to attend unpaid work in a community in order to get more advanced experience, however some people disagree with this method. Both sides will be discussed carefully.

On the one hand, there are many benefits of adding a volunteer course to be a compulsory subject. Firstly, having unpaid work in a curriculum will offer a better chance for kids to improve themselves in various fields. As younger people always are energetic, passionate and motivated to learning new experiences, they are more likely to looking for an opportunity to involve in a real work force that they are interested in. Secondly, in term of governments or community businesses, they also are more satisfied to have more employees to run their companies even the temporary workers. These volunteers could fulfill some vacant positions in a work force. Lastly, for students, the sense of community and the feeling of being a pivotal in a society can also be acquired. A participant will be proud on this duty and learn to become a contributing person in the future.

On the other hand, being a volunteer also creates many disadvantageous sides as disturbing other priorities. Accordingly, college students normally do not have sufficient time to spend on their studies. Studying in advanced level requires abundant of time to concentrate on difficult assignments or preparing for examinations, thus school students do not have so much time left to join in unpaid jobs. However, even if university students have some free time, they would rather spend on other important priorities such as participating in sport clubs or enrolling in additional classes. Therefore, without enough free time in school life, it could be a hassle and distracts their responsibility, if students work as a volunteer.

In conclusion, even though attending in unpaid jobs provides valuable experiences and the sense of community to participants, it also could affect the precious time to focus on studies or other priorities.

to getting a job in a future.
to get a job in the future.

The topic is generally for 'young people' while you:

a better chance for kids to improve themselves

Accordingly, college students normally do not have sufficient time

--------------------