The subjects and course content for children are decided by the authorities such as the centre government Some people think that teachers should decide these for students To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion

The subjects and course content for children are decided by the authorities, such as the centre government. Some people think that teachers should decide these for students. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion.

It has long been accepted that the education authority is responsible for administering the subjects. However, people are arguing that this task can be made by teachers. From my perspective, I have a tendency to disagree with the statement.

Firstly, those people who indicate that teachers should design the courses for students are being too optimistic, as this responsibility would be too big to be shouldered for educators. This is particularly true in big cities where families are excessively relying on the schools and teachers in terms of students’ academic achievement. However, if teachers fail to deliver attractive and effective courses to students, which result to poor studying results, perhaps they would receive fierce criticism from both students and parents. In some cases, teachers may end up losing their employment, alongside with the collapse of the school.

Secondly, there is no guarantees in terms of the learning consistency when teachers are having more control over the subjects. Particularly, those inexperienced educators who lack insights into the students and their personal needs would be less capable of looking after students academically. As a consequence, teaching plans designed by them could be less satisfactory and effective. In contrast, people in favour of the opposite view argue that the subjects listed by governments are rather convincing and trustworthy, because the government work is done by field experts and researchers who have been working as either teachers or mentors for decades.

In conclusion, I believe that we still need to follow the general practice that the education authority should to be accountable for preparing all kinds of curriculum for students rather than counting on the first-line employees

there is no guarantees
there are no guarantees

The essay can get 7.5 or over if you can put one more reason.