Televised talent shows have become popular in many societies today Are these shows a good method of finding talented people or are they just entertainment

Televised talent shows have become popular in many societies today.

Are these shows a good method of finding talented people, or are they just entertainment?

Talent show often reaches the top rating viewers in television as it has become very popular for many societies recently. This fact has led many people to think that there has been a degradation of its main objective to find out a talented person. Then, its producer is also believed only emphasizing more on its entertainment aim has become the main focus. However, there are several reasons rejecting this view.

As this show makes a pitch for its participants by organizing selection in almost all big cities in Indonesia by evolving experienced juries, there have been many talented generations detected then trained to be the professional one. In order to produce a high quality output, they are facilitated with luxurious homestay, great trainer, and many other facilities freely. This method has pointed successful result in growing talented people in this country. To exemplify: Sule API, Hariri Da’I, Citra Idol, Sean Idol, Rini AFI, and Damai AFI Junior have already made a good own career after finishing their contract with particular TV station. Previously, they found it difficult to start their ambitions as the lack of media and capital to introduce themselves to the public until they are empowered by that program. This fact could potentially prove that talent show keeps focusing and achieves success on its main goal.

In addition, this program does not only aim to find talented people and to entertain, but also to educate its spectators. There are much knowledge about singing techniques that can be got from singing shows, or religious message and public speaking method in preacher contest. Besides, the other kinds of talented shows also confer many educated things to the people. Many people understand what and how important the pitch control in singing is after watching Akademi Fantasi Indosiar as the singer commentator, Tri Utami always reminded the dozen of chosen singers in the stage. As it is felt not only entertaining but also educating, the number of its spectator increases dramatically. Then as the result, the producer is accused to focus on creating other purpose behind the intentionally visible main goal.

In short, it proves illusory that talented show is more entertaining rather than finding out talented people. Likewise, as this program does not only provide benefit for its participants, but also for its watcher, the producer is highly suggested to preserve and increase the quality of this show.

Don't put 'not only...but also' a lot of time in one essay.