Essay topics: Today, there are more images of disasters and crime in the media. What the causes and what are your solutions.
For decades, general public has relied on the media to acquire message and keep pace with the society. However, more and more disaster and crime related pictures are bing shown in this day and age. Thus, the reason and soluton for this phenomenon wil be demonstrated.
It is human nature to observe monumental events or learn what went wrong that are generally eye-catching. For example, most people are more likely to remember the aftermath of an earthquake, while few of them are able to recall what was the place looked like before this disaster happened. This is particularly true in this day and age, as the peaceful lifestyle may not be able to satisfy consumers’ curiosities and add spices to their everyday lives. Therefore, media companies perceive this phenomenon as a business opportunity to increase the viewing rate. Of course, the more breath-taking images they broadcast, the higher the viewing rate will be.
In the light of this situation, governments should take two steps to reduce the negative repercussions. The first step should be that all content associated with disasters and crimes needs to be censored before the publication. Because younger viewers, especially juveniles may mistakenly regard violence as heroism, and the side effect of watching natural disasters may cause anxiousness and mental-stress. Once all relevant programs are modified and examined, which is the second step, subtitles and the warning sign associated with the content need to be shown beforehand. For instance, a warning message of children should be accompanied by adults when they are viewing this movie. If pre-teens are frequently exposed to criminal or violent scenes, their perspectives and attitudes towards social life may be changed.
- It is generally believed that education is of vital importance of individual development and well-being of society. What should education consist of to fulfil both these functions? (65.71429999999999)
- Some people think that children who are bought up in families without a huge amount of money are better prepared to solve the problems in their adult years. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (80)
- Children are under increasing educational, social and financial stress. Some people think this a positive development. Do you agree? (85)
- Student from rural areas find it difficult to access university education. Some people think that universities should make it especially easy for them to study at. To what extend do you agree or disagree. (78.5714)
- we are seeing a significant increase in online shopping today. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend? Give your opinion and relevant examples(revised version) (92.5)
- Some people believe that those who are not talented in language learning should not required to learn a second language. What is your opinion? (80)
- we are seeing a significant increase in online shopping today. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend? Give your opinion and relevant examples (40)
- An increasing number of students choose to go to another country for their education. Do you think the benefits outweigh the problems associated with it ? (60)
- The subjects and course content for children are decided by the authorities, such as the centre government. Some people think that teachers should decide these for students. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. (85)
- The table below describes the percentage of home-schooled students in Somecountry in 1999-2004 (70)