Essay topics: uccessful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
The salary inequality has increased dramatically and has triggered strong debates. It has been argued that sports celebrities should earn a great deal of money, while others do not accept this opinion. Therefore, this paper is going to elaborate both views.
On one hand, there is a widely accepted notion that famous sports players are generally associated with talents and superior skills, in other words, people are more willing to pay for the costly admission to watch their performances. For instance, by far there is no other basketball players like Michal Jordan who is recognized as the god in the sports industry. The huge salary that he has received is a manifestation of his popularity in general and the level of public support that he can generate.
However, critics might argue that other professions should be treated in the same way as sports stars. Frankly speaking, for occupants such as doctors, scientists, police offers whose professions are to bring happiness to humanity. Every progress that they have made that would relate to everybody. For example, the vaccine invented by medical researchers could save millions of lives. In contrast, most of them are just paid much lower salaries as opposed to high-profile athletes. In addition, they are also living under numerous pressures and receive much fewer rewards from the public, while sports players can make extra money through exposing their personal lives to the media. Therefore, the notion of fairness does not exist by this point.
In conclusion, I believe sports stars are over-paid when it comes to the contribution they have made. It is a crucial issue to the society that people are placing more values on sports than on more essential professions and achievements.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|6 days 8 hours ago||minhtran0610||78||Read full essay|
|1 week 5 days ago||Naveena Gill Gill||84||Read full essay|
|3 weeks 3 days ago||xxx123xx||73||Read full essay|
|2 months 1 week ago||anhtuyen1988||84||Read full essay|
|2 months 2 weeks ago||aisha.oab||78||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||tukdanai||61||Read full essay|
|3 months 2 weeks ago||tukdanai||22||Read full essay|
|7 months 2 weeks ago||Paula||78||Read full essay|
|7 months 3 weeks ago||gayuh||61||Read full essay|
|8 months 1 day ago||thefirst25||73||Read full essay|
- Memorization of information by frequent repetition (rote learning) plays a role in most education systems. Do the advantages of this method of learning outweigh its disadvantages? (80)
- Some countries achieve international success by building specialized sports facilities for top athletes to train instead of providing sports facilities that everyone can use. Do you think it is a positive or negative development? (93.33329999999999)
- Families who send their children to private schools should not be required to pay taxes that support the state education system. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (60)
- The graph and table below give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries. (82.5)
- Some people believe that children are given too much free time. They feel that this time should be used to do more school work.How do you think education shoudl spend their free time? (85)
- uccessful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your opinion. (85)
- The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030 (70)
- Some people think that the teenage years are the happiest time of most people lives. Others think that adult life brings more happiness, in spite of greater responsibilities. （important) (51.25)
- With the increasing demand for energy sources of oil and gas, people should look for sources of oil and gas in remote and untouched places. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages of damaging such areas? (73.33329999999999)
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (66.66670000000001)