Essay topics: University students always focus on one specific subject, but some people think that universities should encourage their students to study a wide range of subjects in addition to their own subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Tertiary education is seen as the foundation of one's career prospect.However, people display different views regard whethers students should attend one particular subject or vice versa. In my opinion, acquiring knowledge of different fields carries more benefits
On one hand, there is a widely accepted notion that studying one subject enables students to devote themselves to that area and seek to become professionals. This is particularly true in the case of learning subjects such as law, medical and engineering, which require years of theoretical knowledge and training. Since the time constraints, students have to throw themselves into the area of interest rather than taking other subjects. However,such students are more likely to have less career path. For example, psychology students may end up working as a psychologist or a consultant.
On the other hand, common sense tells us that one can acquire more practical skills and knowledge if he/she enrolls a variety of courses, which potentially enhance student's employability. This is especially true in this day and age. Companies opt to recruit employees with multi-skills and a wide range of academic knowledge. For instance, if an accounting student is familiar with marketing and human resource management, perhaps he/she would be able to present more strategically advices in terms of company operation. In addition, students who exposed to different subjects are easier to find where their passion is located. Especially for first year students, attending other subjects allows them to reconsider their goals and choose the correct pathway towards their future studies.
In conclusion, although the advantage of focusing on one field of studying is evident, I am of the opinion that students benefit more from learning broadly.
- It is generally believed that education is of vital importance of individual development and well-being of society. What should education consist of to fulfil both these functions? (63.3333)
- Some people think that children who are bought up in families without a huge amount of money are better prepared to solve the problems in their adult years. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (80)
- Children are under increasing educational, social and financial stress. Some people think this a positive development. Do you agree? (85)
- Student from rural areas find it difficult to access university education. Some people think that universities should make it especially easy for them to study at. To what extend do you agree or disagree. (78.5714)
- we are seeing a significant increase in online shopping today. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend? Give your opinion and relevant examples(revised version) (92.5)
- Some people believe that those who are not talented in language learning should not required to learn a second language. What is your opinion? (80)
- we are seeing a significant increase in online shopping today. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend? Give your opinion and relevant examples (40)
- An increasing number of students choose to go to another country for their education. Do you think the benefits outweigh the problems associated with it ? (60)
- The subjects and course content for children are decided by the authorities, such as the centre government. Some people think that teachers should decide these for students. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. (80)
- The table below describes the percentage of home-schooled students in Somecountry in 1999-2004 (70)