Essay topics: University students always focus on one specific subject, but some people think that universities should encourage their students to study a wide range of subjects in addition to their own subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Tertiary education is seen as the foundation of one's career prospect.However, people display different views regard whethers students should attend one particular subject or vice versa. In my opinion, acquiring knowledge of different fields carries more benefits
On one hand, there is a widely accepted notion that studying one subject enables students to devote themselves to that area and seek to become professionals. This is particularly true in the case of learning subjects such as law, medical and engineering, which require years of theoretical knowledge and training. Since the time constraints, students have to throw themselves into the area of interest rather than taking other subjects. However,such students are more likely to have less career path. For example, psychology students may end up working as a psychologist or a consultant.
On the other hand, common sense tells us that one can acquire more practical skills and knowledge if he/she enrolls a variety of courses, which potentially enhance student's employability. This is especially true in this day and age. Companies opt to recruit employees with multi-skills and a wide range of academic knowledge. For instance, if an accounting student is familiar with marketing and human resource management, perhaps he/she would be able to present more strategically advices in terms of company operation. In addition, students who exposed to different subjects are easier to find where their passion is located. Especially for first year students, attending other subjects allows them to reconsider their goals and choose the correct pathway towards their future studies.
In conclusion, although the advantage of focusing on one field of studying is evident, I am of the opinion that students benefit more from learning broadly.
- Some people think that it is necessary to use animals for testing medicines or other products for human use. Others, however, criticize this as animal cruelty. Discuss both of these views and give your own opinion. (80)
- News has a remarkable influence on people's opinions and ideas. Do you think it is a positive or negative change? (83.33329999999999)
- Volunteer work organised by middle schools brings more benefits than problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (70)
- University students always focus on one specific subject, but some people think that universities should encourage their students to study a wide range of subjects in addition to their own subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (60)
- Some people think that it is better for students to live at home with parents, while others think that they should choose school accommodation. What is your opinion? (70)
- It is argued that we are living in a throw-away society: people throw away what they use in everyday life, instead of recycling or reusing them. Why has this happened and how to deal with this issue? (77.5)
- Nowadays, many old cities are redesigned and rebuilt in order to look modern. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this practice? (80)
- In many countries traditional food is being replaced by international fast food. This has negative effects on both families and societies. To what extend do you agree or disagree? (60)
- The society is based on rules and laws. The society will not function well if everyone is free to do anything they want. To what extent do you agree or disagree (80)
- Some people think children can learn effectively by watching TV and they should be encouraged to watch TV at both home and school. To what extend do you agree and disagree? (65)