When people move to another country, some of them decide to follow the customs of the new country. Others prefer to keep their own customs. Compare these two choices. Which one do you prefer? Support your answer with specific details.

As globalization, many people immigrate to other countries in order to work or study easily. Living in different countries, some people change to follow a new tradition, while some still want to attach with their custom. However, there are two options which have positive effects and negative effects. Both sides will be discussed carefully.

On the one hand, an individual, who comes from very old traditions, may feel unsatisfied to abandon their own customs and adjusts in new culture in a short time. Remaining old customs provides a sense of satisfactory and comfort to new comers rather than changing their belief. However, staying in old cultures makes a person feels difficult to overcome in a new environment because other people practice different things in contrast with him/her. For instance, if a vegetarian person lives in other countries where everyone consumes lots of meats, he/she will find a hard time to eat out with friends. From this perspective, it leads to some conflicts and unwillingness with others. As a result, practicing old customs enhances a high wall in new environments and leads to conflicts later.

On the other hand, there are abundant merits of following new customs. First and foremost, it widens people’ horizons and become more acceptable with new lifestyle. If a person is abided by new cultures, native people will consider that he/she respects to their custom, thus host people will more likely to help by offering employment opportunities or being friends with him/her. Some problems such as discrimination or misunderstanding can be reduced unless new comers blend with new situation. For example, Asian immigration in North American, who attend and practice in indigenous holidays such as Thanks giving and Christmas, help them to easily accustom in new country.

To sum up with my opinion, I would like to blend with new culture. This is because, I do not want to be an alien in a new nation. Moreover, I also still want to keep my root and introduce my culture to others.

makes a person feels difficult
makes a person feel difficult