Essay topics: Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time. Do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your experience.
With the increasing competition in the school and workplace, education has become the most important part of parenthood. Some commentators claim that children should achieve some educational outcomes even during their leisure time. From my point of view, it would be overwhelmed for children and unnecessary at all.
To begin with, I must admit that there are many activities that children enjoy doing can contain various knowledge and practical skills. This is because bountiful games and TV programs are based on reality with the purpose of teaching children about the world. According to statistical research performed by Oxford Psychology for Children, people who like team sports, like basketball, football, and tennis, etc., in their childhood would have better interpersonal skills and stronger resistance than those who seldom participate in sports events. Sports, as a very good leisure activity, is obviously educational for children since it teaches them to work hard, care about and communicate with others.
On the other hand, some activities definitely have some other benefits rather than being a lesson. If patents and adults insist on adding educational things on some activities, the leisure parts of them would disappear. For instance, children enjoy playing video games with friends because they can have fun together and escape from hard school life. In this light, diminishing the fun from playing computer games is just like deprive chances to make friends and release stress for children.
In conclusion, although some games have no educational purpose for children, they still have a vital role in their life. The burden in children’s shoulder is heavier enough and they should be allowed to do something ‘useless’.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? At universities and colleges, sports and social activities are just as important as classes and libraries and should receive equal financial support. (73)
- The community you live in is planning on setting up new facilities, which of the following do you think would benefit the community most and why? 1. a shopping mall 2. an art centre 3. a hotel (73)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? People in the past are more interested in improving their neighbourhood (the area where they live) than now. (73)
- Some people say that teachers and parents should decide what assignment or activities children should do after school. Others say that children should make these decisions on their own. Which view do you agree with and why? (70)
- TPO 44 (70)
- Some parents do not agree with the way teachers are teaching their children. Do you think that parents should express their disapproval to the teachers? (76)
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The way a person dress reflects his/her characters. (70)
- The most important thing the government should do to improve health care is to clean the environment. (76)
- TPO 43 (80)
- TPO 42 (81)