Essay topics: Some people believe that they should be able to keep all the money they earn and should not pay any tax to the state. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Some people contend that the wealth they earn should not be taxed. However, for any country in the world, tax plays the fundamental role in the normal operation of modern society. Thus, I completely disagree with the statement.
Firstly, various government departments at all levels are the key factors to maintain the stability of the society. For example, the police office, which is the most important strength to keep the public safe, rely on the money collected through tax to pay its staff's monthly salaries. If individuals refuse to pay taxes, the police departments may have to shut down, and thereby causing the commotion of the society.
In addition, the tax has always made a contribution to the construction of some fundamental infrastructures, including highways, tunnels and bridges. Such facilities boost the efficiency of economic development, as people can travel longer distance to discover more business opportunities. For example, without the support of the tax, there is no chance that China has experienced a skyrocketing growth in the past decades.
However, the government should be vigilant about the tax rate. If the public are subject to high taxes, they may lose their motivation to work harder and achieve more. As a consequence, the development of the country may be stagnant and the overall tax revenue will finally decrease over time.
Summing up, tax, which is collected from ordinary people, acts as the fundamental strength to sustain social security and advance economy, although addressing excessive tax pressure on the public may a counterproductive outcome. Therefore, the government should figure out proper tax rates towards different people and different products, and thereby mitigating some people's fear about high taxes.
- TPO2 Integrated writing--In many organizations, perhaps the best way to approach certain new projects is to assemble a group of people into a team. Having a team of people attack a project offers several advantages...Summarise the points made in the lectu (83)
- TPO 2 (3)
- TPO-01 - Integrated Writing Task In the United States, employees typically work five days a week for eight hours each day. However, many employees want to work a four-day week and are willing to accept less pay inorder to do so. A mandatory policy requiri (80)
- Some people say that the Internet provides people with a lot of valuable information. Others think access to much information creates problems. Which view do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (45.5)
- A memorandum from a researcher of Metro Motorcycles: The advertisement budget spent on social media websites has no effect on sales. A costumer survey shows that 90% of the participants said they never purchase the product because of the advertisements on (52)
- The following appeared in an article in a consumer-products magazine:"Two of today's best-selling brands of full-strength prescription medication for the relief of excess stomach acid, Acid-Ease and Pepticaid, are now available in milder nonprescription f (83)
- The following appeared as part of a newspaper editorial:"Two years ago Nova High School began to use interactive computer instruction in three academic subjects. The school dropout rate declined immediately, and last year's graduates have reported some im (56)
- The following appeared in the editorial section of a local newspaper:"In the first four years that Montoya has served as mayor of the city of San Perdito, the population has decreased and the unemployment rate has increased. Two businesses have closed for (76.5)
- The following appeared in an article in a health–and–fitness magazine:"Laboratory studies show that Saluda Natural Spring Water contains several of the minerals necessary for good health and that it is completely free of bacteria. Residents of Saluda, (59)
- The following appeared in an announcement issued by the publisher of The Mercury, a weekly newspaper:"Since a competing lower-priced newspaper, The Bugle, was started five years ago, The Mercury's circulation has declined by 10,000 readers. The best way t (63)