Essay topics: Some people today believe that the world's population is unsustainable and will eventually lead to a global crisis. Other people believe that the world population increase is necessary and beneficial as it creates the growth of the world's economy and society
Some people say that the increasing population in most countries nowadays is inconstant, which contributes to a global crisis. Others, however, think that this trend plays an integral role in boosting the prosperity to some nations. In my opinion, while this trend is perhaps beneficial to prevent labour-related problems from happening in the first place, the consequences could be more detrimental.
In terms of economic growth, a growing population can be beneficial in some countries because they are less likely to encounter labour-related issues. These issues including the shortage of labour workforce and the expenditure of overseas recruitment could negatively affect the economy. However, the absence of these difficulties could be favourable in saving governmental budget because not only does a crowded population facilitate internal labour sources but it also a decent source of external recruitment towards foreign countries.
Apart from the benefit of the increasing population expressed above, I believe that this trend can be even more damaging because of the effect of lacking basic resources. People, living in undeveloped countries, often live under difficult circumstances such as poverty, food scarcity, and the shortage of accommodation. This poses a problem to people’s lives as they experience a substandard living. Thus, if the population keeps increasing in the long term, the consequences would be more devastating. For example, immigrants, who settle down in African countries, are likely to live in slums, which adversely affects their living standard, as the result of lacking residential areas.
In conclusion, the world’s population is increasingly evident. Although this benefits the prosperity to some countries due to the sufficiency of the labour workforce, the consequences including the shortage of basic requirements among people such as accommodation can be more damaging.
- Fossil fuels are the main source of energy around the world. However, people are being encouraged to use alternative energy sources such as wind energy, solar energy and so on. Do you think this is a positive or negative development? (67)
- Shops in the countryside are fewer and fewer, so people tend to go to stores in the towns and cities, and then lead to their inconvenient life. Car use also causes pollution. Is this phenomenon more harmful than the end? (73)
- Nowadays, animal experiments are widely used to develop new medicines and to test the safety of other products. Some people argue that these experiments should be banned because it is morally wrong to cause animals to suffer, while others are in favour of (56)
- In many parts of the world girls and boys are educated together in co-educational or mixed schools. Some people think that girls and boys benefit from being educated separately in single-sex schools. To what extent do you agree with this view? (73)
- Immigration has a major impact on society. What are the main reasons for immigration? To what consequences can it lead? (78)
- The availability of entertainment such as video games on handheld devices is harmful to individuals and to the society they live in. To what extent you agree or disagree? (84)
- In some countries, the difference in age between parents and children is generally greater than it was in the past. Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? (73)
- Some people think that cars should be banned in big city centres. Do you agree or disagree? (67)
- Some people say the government should spend money on providing faster public transport while others believe the government should give priority to other factors such as cost and the effect on the environment. Do you agree or disagree with this statement? (78)
- Some people today believe that the world's population is unsustainable and will eventually lead to a global crisis. Other people believe that the world population increase is necessary and beneficial as it creates the growth of the world's econo (73)