Essay topics: 23.09.2017
Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time.
Do you agree or disagree?
Many aver that only leisure activities that are educational in their nature are useful for progeny and thus spare time should be devoted to them. I do not agree with the prospect and below the reasons on which my stance is based will be discussed in details.
On the one hand, spending kids’ leisure time on educational activities brings a lot of fruits. Firstly, there are formative years from two to twelve when children’s brains and personalities are being shaped and studying, unearthing knowledge has advantageous impact on the development. Thus, the more they study via different activities the better. Secondly, the volume of information that must be absorbed by young individuals is immense and exploiting free time for learning the data as much as possible would allow them to achieve better academic at school and even college. In other words, implementation of the policy will have a great beneficial effect on kids school performance and overall development.
On the other hand, performing such leisure activities as chatting with pals, playing video games, watching popular movies and cartoons are important for children as well. Primarily, early age is very momentous period in life of any human bring during which not only brain structures are being developed but crucial social skills are being formed and mores of society are accepted. All of that should be acquired through interacting with other kids, adults and the environment. Additionally, a child is not an automaton that may endlessly perform an activity. In fact, offspring need have enough rest from studying and psychologists decisively demonstrated that entertainment such as playing computer or board games allow children to switch their attention on new activity and restore their ability to absorb new data. Thus, leisure activities that are not educational are useful as well.
To sum up, a point of view that descendants’ spare-time activities have to educate children and non-educational practices are useless appears to be incorrect due to benefits got by youngsters via performing the former ones.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|2 years 2 weeks ago||saeed_S_1368||56||Read full essay|
|2 years 6 months ago||Mitra||73||Read full essay|
|2 years 6 months ago||Mitra||73||Read full essay|
|4 years 5 months ago||kaka22||60||Read full essay|
|4 years 5 months ago||balu7722||50||Read full essay|
|4 years 6 months ago||youcandoit||60||Read full essay|
|5 years 2 months ago||Himsy||60||Read full essay|
|5 years 4 months ago||hamedpa||82.5||Read full essay|
|6 years 4 months ago||hamedpa||68.8462||Read full essay|
- 04/11/2017 You are going to another country to study. You would like to do a part-time job while you are studying, so you want to ask a freind who lives there for some help.Write a letter to this freind. In your lettergive details of your study planexplai (74.5)
- 04/10/2017Nowadays, more and more people decide to have children later in their life. What are the reasons? Do advantages of this outweigh disadvantages? (74.5)
- 01/11/2017At present the media affects people’s lives significantly. What impact does this have on the society? Is it a negative or a positive development? (82)
- 01.11.2017At present, the media affects people’s lives significantly. What impact does this have on the society? Is it a negative or a positive development? (79.5)
- 01/11/2017 Write a letter to an airline manager to find out about something you forgot on the plane during your travel. In your letter– give details about your flight– describe the item you forgot– explain why it is important that you get it back (73.5)
- 01/11/2017Write a letter to an airline manager to find out about something you forgot on the plane during your travel. In your letter– give details about your flight– describe the item you forgot– explain why it is important that you get it back (70)
- 31/10/2017Some people believe that no homework should be given to children. Others, however, say that extra work is needed after school for children and teenagers in order to succeed. Discuss both the views and give your opinion including reasons and rele (79.5)
- 31/10/2017You have decided to leave your current job and look for a new one.Write a letter to a friend. In your letter• explain why you want to leave your current job• what kind of job you are looking for• ask for some help or advice (78)
- 30/10/2017Some people think that higher salary is important when choosing a company to work for, while others think that good atmosphere at a workplace is more important. Discuss both views and give your opinion with relevant examples. (77)
- 30/10/2017You have seen an advertisement for a weekend job as a local tour guide showing visitors around your city.Write a letter of application to the tourism office. In the letter- Give your reasons for wanting the job- Explain why you think you can do (77)