Essay topics: 23.09.2017
Some people believe that children’s leisure activities must be educational, otherwise they are a complete waste of time.
Do you agree or disagree?
Many aver that only leisure activities that are educational in their nature are useful for progeny and thus spare time should be devoted to them. I do not agree with the prospect and below the reasons on which my stance is based will be discussed in details.
On the one hand, spending kids’ leisure time on educational activities brings a lot of fruits. Firstly, there are formative years from two to twelve when children’s brains and personalities are being shaped and studying, unearthing knowledge has advantageous impact on the development. Thus, the more they study via different activities the better. Secondly, the volume of information that must be absorbed by young individuals is immense and exploiting free time for learning the data as much as possible would allow them to achieve better academic at school and even college. In other words, implementation of the policy will have a great beneficial effect on kids school performance and overall development.
On the other hand, performing such leisure activities as chatting with pals, playing video games, watching popular movies and cartoons are important for children as well. Primarily, early age is very momentous period in life of any human bring during which not only brain structures are being developed but crucial social skills are being formed and mores of society are accepted. All of that should be acquired through interacting with other kids, adults and the environment. Additionally, a child is not an automaton that may endlessly perform an activity. In fact, offspring need have enough rest from studying and psychologists decisively demonstrated that entertainment such as playing computer or board games allow children to switch their attention on new activity and restore their ability to absorb new data. Thus, leisure activities that are not educational are useful as well.
To sum up, a point of view that descendants’ spare-time activities have to educate children and non-educational practices are useless appears to be incorrect due to benefits got by youngsters via performing the former ones.
- 25/10/2017 Machine translation is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role for humans. Do you agree or disagree ? (59)
- 25/10/2017You have been to a business meeting at another company and saw a piece of equipment which can be useful for your company too. Write a letter to your manager about the following:Describe the piece of equipment you have seenWhy having the same equ (80.5)
- 23.10.2017 science could help people live up to 100 or 200 years even. would that be a good or bad development ? Discuss both views and give your opinion. (74.5)
- 23.10.2017 You have a pen-friend living in another country and he/she is curious to learn about the major news items in your country.Write a letter to your pen-friend. In your letter:• Greet your friend and say why you are writing.• Briefly describe a (59.5)
- 19/10/2017 Many people are using credit cards or loans to run up huge personal debts that they may be unable to repay. It should therefore be made more difficult for individuals to borrow large amounts of money. What are your opinion on this?Give reasons (74)
- 18/10/2017 A recent study showed that both developing and developed countries prosper because of the economic growth. People from developing countries are happier than before while people from developed countries are not as happy as they were in the past. (54.5)
- 18/10/2017 A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday.Write a letter to your friend. In your letter• give contact details for when you are away• give instructions about how to care for your pet• describe other hous (72.5)
- 18/10/2017 These days more emphasis is being placed on university education. Vocational training is not encouraged, and thus there are few qualified trades people. To which extent do you agree or disagree? (82)
- 16/10/2017 You cannot pick your friend up at the airport. Write a letter to him/her. In your letter, you shouldexplain the reasons.You should provide him/her with alternative ways to go to the hotel.You should inform him/her of your plan. (77)
- 16.10.2017Some people think that managers alone should make decisions in the company, while others think that employees should be involved in the decision-making process too. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (74)